Monday, June 2, 2014

Curling Gel Souffle Review


Pour la version Française continuer a lire.

This week-end I indulged again lol. My hair is starting to grow so I can now vary my hairstyles from one hairstyle, now I can add the wash n go. I decided to get the curling gel soufflé to achieve the look ( my hair DOES not wash n go literally lol I have to put in some work.) I want to get a gel that would not make my hair stiff like cardboard or flaky and yucky. I tried the gel by amazing botanicals and loved it but I don’t have the patience to wait to order it and wanting to try something new I got the Shea Moisture gel. I am not a big fan of gel I have used different gel such as the Eco styler, which gave me good results but the ingredients nope. I tried the kinky custard and oh boy terrible and for the price thanks but no thanks.
The description of the product: Our all-natural Coconut Styling Soufflé with Agave Nectar & Flax Seed Oil defines and promotes curls, with a soft, smooth after-feel.  Coconut and Flax Seed Oils nourish and hydrate hair, seal the hair shaft to protect against external pollutants and assist natural oil retention. Our original natural humectants complex of Agave Nectar, Coconut oil, Glycerin, and Shea Butter moisturizes conditions and boosts shine without frizz. This product does not contain silicones, polymers or PVP which could cause build-up and damage hair over time.
The  ingredients : Aqueous Infusion of Agave Teqilana Leaf Extract and Sugar Cane Extract, Pectin, Vegetable Glycerin, Adansonia Digitata Pulp (Baobab) Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Certified Organic Ingredient), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Certified Organic Ingredient), Tocopherol (Vitamin E - Vegetable Oil Source), Linum Usitassimum (Linseed/Flax) Seed Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Proprietary Essential Oil Blend.
Nice I love it.
My review:
  • The texture. It has the consistency of a gel but the texture of a cream, I like it.
  • The scent: A nice and not overwhelming sweet coconut scent.
What I liked: I applied the product on damp hair. Before I applied the extra-moisture detangler,  then the gel.
  •  I like that the gel does not dry out immediately.
  • My hair feels moisturized, it is smooth and shiny.
  • I did not get the cardboard, flaky hair after the gel dried out, nice.
  • You get a good hair definition, it is even better once the hair is dry the definition is better. ( last pic at the bottom)
  • The more I use it the better the definition gets.
  • My hair is easier to comb I don't know it is due to the combination of the gel and the detangler.
What I don’t like:
  • It does feel a bit sticky when touching.
I will definitely keep it for now and use it whenever I want definition. I definitely want to try it out when I am able to achieve a twist- out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ce week-end je me suis faite plaisir mes cheveux commencent à avoir une petite longueur et je peux donc faire d’autres coiffure, en fait une seule lol le wash n go. Pour cela j’ai décidé de tester le curling gel soufflé pour le look petit bouclette façon wash and go. Pour cela je voulais un gel qui créerait ce look sans pour autant avoir l’effet carton, flocons de neige une fois le gel sec. Je vous avais parlé du gel d’amazing botanicals ici. Gel que j’affectionne particulièrement mais n’ayant pas la patience d’attendre et l’envie de tester de nouveaux produits je me suis rabattue sur le gel de Shea Moisture. Par le passé j’ai utilisé différents gels tels que le gel Eco styler. De bons résultats dans l’ensemble. Le gel de kinky curly argh une horreur pour un prix exorbitant.


La description sur le site :

Our all-natural Coconut Styling Soufflé with Agave Nectar & Flax Seed Oil defines and promotes curls, with a soft, smooth after-feel.  Coconut and Flax Seed Oils nourish and hydrate hair, seal the hair shaft to protect against external pollutants and assist natural oil retention. Our original natural humectants complex of Agave Nectar, Coconut oil, Glycerin, and Shea Butter moisturizes conditions and boosts shine without frizz. This product does not contain silicones, polymers or PVP which could cause build-up and damage hair over time.

Le  Soufflé Coco avec du Nectar d’Agave et de l’huile de lin, définit les boucles avec un fini doux et lisse. Les huiles de coco et de lin nourrissent et hydratent le cheveu, scelle la cuticule pour la protéger des agressions externes and maintenir la rétention d’huile naturelle. Notre complexe d’humectant naturels de Nectar d’Agave, huile de coco, glycérine et beurre de karité hydrate, nourrit et booste la brillance du cheveu  sans les frisottis. Ce produit ne contient pas de silicones, polymères ou PVP qui pourrait causer des accumulations de débris et endommager le cheveu sur le long terme.

Les ingredients : Aqueous Infusion of Agave Teqilana Leaf Extract and Sugar Cane Extract, Pectin, Vegetable Glycerin, Adansonia Digitata Pulp (Baobab) Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Certified Organic Ingredient), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Certified Organic Ingredient), Tocopherol (Vitamin E - Vegetable Oil Source), Linum Usitassimum (Linseed/Flax) Seed Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Proprietary Essential Oil Blend.

Au niveau de la composition rien à dire.


Mon avis :
  • La texture. Il a la consistance d’un gel mais la texture d’une crème fondante légèrement collante. Cela est surement du a la présence d’agave et les extraits de sucre de canne.

  • L’odeur : douce odeur de coco, sucré.

Ce que j'aime: Alors j’ai appliqué ce produit sur cheveux humides. Avant d’appliquer j'ai applique le extra-moisture detangler, ensuite le gel.
  • Le gel ne sèche pas immédiatement, on a un donc un effet mouillée sur la journée.
  • Sensation d’hydratation, le cheveu est doux et brillant.
  • Je n’ai pas eu d’effet cheveux cartonnés ou de flocons de neige.
  • Dans l'ensemble bonne définition mais une meilleur définition une fois les cheveux secs. (dernière photo)
  • Plus j'utilise le gel meilleure la definition devient
  • Mes cheveux sont plus faciles a coiffer, cependant je ne sais pas si cela est du a la combinaison gel + detangler
Ce que j'aime moins:
  • La petite sensation collante mais qui s'estompe. 
 Expérience à refaire sur cheveux plus longs mais pour l’instant produit adoptés pour les jours où j’ai envie de définition.













Le jour suivant/the day after



2 comments:

VanyPrésidenteH said...

Hi ,

Definit-il bien les boucles ?

Tiga said...

Sur cheveux mouillés oui sur cheveux secs pas vraiment (après mes cheveux sont courts)

Post a Comment