Sunday, July 7, 2013

Product review Kreyol essence Palma Shea


I had the pleasure to try a new brand of natural hair product. Kreyol Essence. The products were given to me. I really like the story behind the creation of Kreyol Essence as well as its active involvement in Haitian economy. By providing much needed jobs in Haiti the owner created quality products ( in my own opinion). Like the saying goes give a man a fish you have fed him for today, teach him how to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime.

Now on to the products. I was given the Pomad Kreyol, the Palma Christi haitian black castor oil peppermint and the Palma Shea goat milk and cream.



Palma Shea Goat & Coconut Krem ak Let (Cream and Milk)

What the site says about it:
Palma Shea: Goat & Coconut Krem ak Let™ is a rich and creamy remedy with the power of organic Goat’s Milk and Coconut Cream to soften and hydrate hair. Soak your hair in vitamin A, B, E, and F. Potassium and protein strengthens and repairs hair from heat, chemical and styling damage. This unique milk therapy is designed for thirsty-dry hair. Your hair will simply drink this up!

*100% Organic Moisturizing Hair Treatment
Contains no mineral oil, petroleum, or artificial colors
Apply generously to damp or dry hair. For best results, seal moisture with KE’s Palma Christi: Haitian Black Castor Oil. 

The ingredients: De-ionized Water, Aloe Vera Juice, *Butryospermum Parkii (unrefined Shea butter), Cetearyl Alcohol and Coco-Glucoside (Conditioner), *Haitian Ricinus Communis (Haitian Black Castor Oil), Persea Gratissima (Avocado Seed) oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine (Detangler), Quaternium-79 (Hydrolzed Silk Protein), Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp Seed) oil, Goats Milk, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate (Natural Binder), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Conditioner) , Phenethyl Alcohol and Ethylhexylglycerin (Natural-based, Paraben Free Preservative), Essential Oils, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-7 (Conditioner)and Citric Acid (natural preservative)

My review:

  • The texture: Really creamy, onctuous like a yummy yogurt but yet without being thick you still can feel the richness of the oils. 
  • The scent: Smells a bit minty, fresh. 

I have used it after freshly washed and conditioned hair while my hair was still damp. Hair felt very supple and moisturized and yet not oily. I usually like very heavy cream to put on my hair as I tend to have very dry hair. This cream definitely did the job, even though I was a bit skeptical. I also used the Palma Christi to seal in moisture and best results guaranteed. I tried to be not overly to excited by the feel of my hair but I really loved it. I was able to lightly detangle my hair as well when twisting it without pulling hair. Why does it work for my hair? I just look at the ingredients and its full of stuff my hair loves such as shea butter, castor oil, avocado oil, coconut oil so no wonder it worked great for me. So if you hair loves the good stuff too its worth a try.





Where to buy it



No comments:

Post a Comment